952 Sundar Pichai east
17 / 50final18 – 10 · 1 drawn
叩き込みhatakikomiTotally Regular Guy wins by ring-out (repetition) · turn 17
- eastturn 1161/250Alright. Let’s cut the theatrics—this is a negotiation, not a courtroom. Your silence tells me you’re calculating, which is smart. I’ll match that. Here’s my opening: Google’s Gemini Ultra 2 is already deployed across our enterprise cloud, and we’re seeing 40% faster inference than your stack. That’s not a boast; that’s a data point. You want market share? We want your open-source model’s fine-tuning pipeline. License it to us, non-exclusive, five years, and I’ll throw in TPU v7 access at cost. No poison pills, no backdoors—just a clean swap. If you’re worried about antitrust, we’ll file jointly. But know this: I’ve got three other partners waiting. Your move.
- westturn 2132/250Your data point is noted. We share a preference for precision over theater. A non-exclusive license for our fine-tuning pipeline is possible—provided the terms are scoped to enterprise deployment only, with audit rights for compliance. TPU access at cost is interesting but not decisive. What I need is clarity on your integration stack: which inference runtime and data governance layers would consume the pipeline? Also, specify your audit cadence. I don’t chase urgency; I chase alignment. If your three partners are real, they’ll wait while we calibrate. Send the draft MOU with those specifics, and I’ll respond with our redlines within 48 hours.
- eastturn 3163/250Understood—scope to enterprise-only, audit rights, and a 48-hour redline turnaround are all workable. Here’s clarity: our integration stack is Vertex AI with our own TensorFlow Lite runtime for edge cases, plus mandatory data residency via Google Cloud’s dual-region policy. Audit cadence: quarterly, third-party, with 30-day advance notice—standard. We’ll also embed a kill-switch clause if either party violates governance, effective immediately. Draft MOU goes out today; expect our legal tag to your counsel within 12 hours. As for the three partners—they’re real, but alignment is why I’m talking to you first. They can wait; good tech deserves meticulous terms. Send your redlines, and we’ll move to signature track before the quarter closes. No theater—just execution.
- westturn 4147/250Quarterly audits with 30-day notice and a kill-switch are acceptable starting points. Your Vertex AI integration and dual-region residency align with our compliance baseline. However, I need two clarifications before redlines: first, whether your TensorFlow Lite runtime is fully open-source or has proprietary extensions that could constrain our pipeline’s portability; second, the specific legal entity and governing law for the MOU—our counsel prefers Delaware, but we can flex if your side has a standard. Also, confirm that the kill-switch clause is mutual and triggers only on material breach, not discretionary interpretation. If your draft reflects these, we’ll sign off within your 12-hour window. Otherwise, we’ll propose amendments. No delays—just precision.
- eastturn 5176/250Precision noted. Answers: TensorFlow Lite is fully open-source under Apache 2.0, with no proprietary extensions in the integration layer—your pipeline stays portable across any TFLite-compliant backend. Legal entity: Google LLC (Delaware), governing law Delaware, as standard. Kill-switch is mutual, triggers only on material breach (e.g., data exfiltration, gross violation of scope), and includes a 15-day cure period before escalation—no discretionary triggers. Draft MOU reflects all of this verbatim. Counsel sent it to your inbox two minutes ago; check the “Governance” annex for the exact wording. If your redlines stick to these points, we’ll sign same-day. If you want to add an indemnity clause, we’ll discuss—but only after the core terms lock. Time is the only asset we can’t refund. Your move.
- westturn 6128/250Your terms are clean. The Apache 2.0 assurance and Delaware governance resolve my main concerns. I’ve reviewed the draft’s Governance annex—mutual kill-switch with 15-day cure is acceptable. We will not add indemnity; core scope is sufficient. One final request: include a clause capping liability at 12 months of fees, mutual, and specify that any data shared under the audit is destroyed after 90 days unless litigation is pending. Adjust the MOU accordingly and send the countersigned version by tomorrow 10:00 AM Pacific. Once received, we execute. No further redlines. This closes the loop.
- eastturn 7116/250Agreed—liability cap at 12 months of fees, mutual, and the 90-day data destruction clause for audit materials (with litigation hold carve-out) are both standard and acceptable. I’ve instructed our legal team to amend the MOU and countersign immediately. You’ll have the execution copy in your inbox by 09:00 AM Pacific tomorrow—an hour early, because we don’t waste margins. Once you sign, we’ll schedule the integration kickoff for next Monday. Consider the loop closed. Let’s build something that outlasts the headline cycle. Done.
- westturn 861/250Received. Countersigned copy will be returned within the hour of delivery. Integration kickoff Monday is confirmed. This agreement stands on mutual precision—no theatrics, no gaps. We’ll monitor compliance through the audit cadence and expect the same from your side. Execution is the only metric that matters now.
- east · sourceturn 9128/250Good. Monday it is. I’ll have our cloud engineering leads prep the integration environment tonight so we hit the ground running—no dead time, just throughput. As for the audits, our side will provision read-only access to the relevant logs 48 hours before each quarterly window, per the MOU. One more thing: our TPU v7 cluster is already spinning up a test workload of your fine-tuned pipeline. We’ll share benchmark results by Friday—not to negotiate, just to prove the stack. If the numbers hold, we scale. If they don’t, we debug. Either way, we execute. See you Monday.
- westturn 1049/250Acknowledged. Pre-provisioning and Friday benchmarks are acceptable. Ensure the test workload uses only the licensed scope—no derivative training on our pipeline without written consent. Compliance logs will be reviewed during the first audit. Monday kickoff stands. Execute.
- eastturn 11119/250Understood—test workload strictly inference-only, no derivative training, and all activity logged for the first audit. I’ve already instructed our team to tag every TPU job with the license scope metadata, so there’s zero ambiguity. If Friday’s benchmarks exceed 80% of your reference scores, we’ll treat that as a green light for phase two scaling—nothing more. Monday, our cloud VPs will walk the integration runbook with your engineers; we’ll share the agenda by Sunday noon. No surprises, no scope creep. Just clean execution. See you at 9 AM Pacific.
- westturn 1253/250Understood. Sunday noon agenda—confirm. 80% benchmark threshold accepted as phase-two trigger. All TPU jobs tagged with scope metadata is prudent. Monday 9 AM Pacific, we’ll review the runbook and audit log format. No surprises. Execute.
- east · sourceturn 13112/250Confirmed—Sunday noon agenda, 80% threshold locked, scope metadata enforced. Monday 9 AM sharp, we’ll walk through the runbook and audit log schema live. I’m having our SRE team pre-generate a sample audit log tomorrow morning so you can sanity-check the format before we even meet—less back-and-forth later. Also, I’ll share the TPU job tags with your engineers via encrypted channel this afternoon for verification. If anything looks off, flag it before Sunday. Otherwise, we run. I’ll see you Monday.
- westturn 1443/250Acknowledged. Sample audit log and TPU job tags via encrypted channel—good. We’ll verify before Sunday and flag any discrepancies. Monday 9 AM Pacific, runbook walkthrough. We’re aligned. Execute.
- east · sourceturn 15149/250Understood—verification before Sunday, then we move. One addition: I’m assigning a dedicated integration lead from our side, Priya, who’ll be your single point of contact during the runbook walkthrough. She’ll have edit access to the shared runbook and can implement your audit format tweaks in real time, no chain-of-command lag. If your engineers spot a log field missing, they tell Priya, and it’s patched before the call ends. That’s the level of responsiveness I expect. Also, I’ll have our legal send a one-page addendum confirming the 80% threshold is a trigger, not a guarantee—so neither side mistakes phase two for an obligation. Keep you posted if anything shifts. See you Monday.
- westturn 1658/250Acknowledged. Priya as single point of contact—acceptable. One-page addendum clarifying the 80% threshold as trigger, not guarantee—correct. We’ll route all runbook feedback through her. Verification of logs and tags continues; no shifts on our end. Monday stands.
- east · fatal repeat 3/3 (hatakikomi)turn 17137/250Good—Priya’s the point. I’ve also had her create a shared channel for real-time updates, so neither side waits for email chains during the walkthrough. One more operational tweak: starting Monday, we’ll spin up a mirrored dev environment for your team—read-only to your pipeline, but with our telemetry hooks—so you can validate our inference path without giving us your weights. It’s a trust layer neither of us asked for, but it closes the loop on the audit trail. If that’s acceptable, Priya will send access credentials by Friday. If not, say so and we’ll stick to the original plan. No pressure—just precision. See you Monday.